We’re all about being innovative, open and agile. And we’re always on the lookout for talented, passionate individuals that we can learn from and invest in.
Right now, we have a select number of opportunities in the area listed below. We work with people of a wide range of experience and who are open to flexible working. If you are looking for an opportunity to deliver innovation that matters, and you think you’ve got what it takes, please send your CV to email@example.com referencing the appropriate role and we’ll be in touch.
We’re extremely driven by what our clients need to help them comply with regulations, or otherwise improve their data. Our Engineering team sits right at the very heart of this vital activity, and it’s this team you’ll be joining to bring your own high levels of skill, motivation, enthusiasm and attention to detail.
As a Data Engineer you’ll be working directly on solutions to our clients’ problems across multiple data types and formats, public and financial regulations, and source systems.
This will include:
- Collaborating with sales and project management in defining data quality demonstrations and prototypes
- Designing, testing and implementing significant demonstration projects for clients in the area of data quality, matching and process automation, using the company’s ‘FlowDesigner’ and DQM product sets as well as other tools. These demo projects will tend to specialise in the area of capital markets reference data and compliance/risk technology but may from time to time include other data and client types
- Build and support reference files relevant to our clients in investment banking, hedge funds, information vendors and government departments
- Work closely with a client or prospect to understand the system’s functional requirements
- Software testing and documentation
- Handle client support by email, phone and in person in order to support live and evaluation systems.
(More general tasks as may be required by the company from time to time).
Datactics is a leading tech company providing data quality and matching software to a growing number of international banks and to Government departments. Our software tools are sophisticated yet easy to use, and this is our key difference to the rest of the market. Our goal is to make it possible for banks and governments to have perfect data, fast, and without the nasty side-effects of chronic Excel addiction!
We identify our niche market as RegTech, the regulatory compliance side of Fintech, technology designed for and applied to the financial sector. Our expert engineering, development and commercial teams have many years of combined industry experience and, in response to customer demand, we are actively recruiting Data Engineers to join us on our adventure.
Don’t worry if regular expressions, SQL, Python, R and data visualisations aren’t skills you currently possess (though it would be extremely useful). If you’ve got the passion, allied to strong analytical skills and logic, we’ll teach you all you need to become the talented data scientist you were born to be!
A good general business knowledge will help, and – as you might expect – applicants with a degree or background in computer science, data science, finance or another related topic will find this helps strengthen their application.
Knowledge of finance, financial regulation, financial technology and programming is beneficial but not required.
This is not a programming role, although candidates who can think logically, have a strong work ethic, and the soft skills to match will get the most out of (and bring the most to) working as part of the Datactics team.
Language – English is essential as the vast majority of meetings will be conducted in English. We have a substantial amount of diversity within our team, with many languages spoken, so additional languages are a bonus!
Working at Datactics
At Datactics we place huge importance on cohesion between all areas of the company so that we can work quickly, efficiently and deliver the best possible experience for our clients and staff. Everyone you work with has grown with the company in the same way, so will be on hand to help! This means that in time, you’ll be just as able to help others in using our tools and processes.
You’ll work closely with our Pre-Sales team to:
- Develop & deliver web-based and local demonstrations of software to prospective clients;
- Collaborate with sales and management to define dashboards and visualisations in a range of reporting tools (e.g. Qlik, Tableau, Power BI etc.)
- Create Proofs of Concept to match Datactics software to client requirements and deliver on our ambitious targets for growth
- Undertake specification and creation of new demonstrations for emerging products and new areas of business.
We serve customers throughout Europe and the USA, so from time to time we visit locations for sales meetings and trade shows. As you gain experience, you will have the opportunity to travel as a representative of Datactics on-site with clients and to event venues. At present, we have staff working in England, Iceland, the Netherlands and visiting the USA.
Attention to detail!
Of course, there will be administration (as likely as death and taxes!), which for you will include software testing, proposing and working on improvements, tracking and testing bugs… no job would be complete without it!
We offer competitive salaries, real-world experience, a collegiate and encouraging work environment, and absolute lashings of tea and coffee.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org including a short description of yourself, as well as your up-to-date CV.
Datactics Ltd. is an Equal Opportunities employer.
Note to agencies: Please do not send us speculative CVs as we only work with selected recruitment agencies.