Datactics is a leading tech company providing data quality and matching software to a growing number of international banks and to Government departments. Our software tools are sophisticated yet easy to use, and this is our key difference to the rest of the market. Our goal is to make it possible for banks and governments to have perfect data, fast, and without the nasty side-effects of chronic Excel addiction! We identify our niche market as RegTech, the regulatory compliance side of Fintech, technology designed for and applied to the financial sector. Our expert engineering, development and commercial teams have many years of combined industry experience and, in response to customer demand, we are actively recruiting Software Developers to join us on our adventure.
You will work with the Software Development Manager to maintain and enhance software products in line with company objectives both through team and individual effort.
As Senior Software Engineer you will have input and responsibility for various aspects of the software engineering function within Datactics, including:
- Design, implementation, testing and documentation of software products
- Management of software engineering infrastructure
- Improvement of software engineering processes
- Identification of, and experimentation with, technologies that provide benefit to any area of software engineering
- Mentoring and management of Junior Software Engineers
The Senior Software Engineer will apply high standards of professionalism in all aspects of their work, from source code to documentation and interactions with other members of the Software Engineering team and other teams within Datactics.
The current technology stack includes, but is not limited to:
- Apache Derby, MySQL, MariaDB, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Apache Tomcat
- C, C++
The ideal candidate must have:
- A minimum of five years commercial software engineering experience
- Excellent programming skills in Java
- Experience with SQL
- A desire to be a lead engineer
- Ability, and desire, to proactively identify improvements to software products and processes
Desirable Technical Skills
- Apache Ant
- C, C++
- Experience in UI/UX
- Machine Learning
Essential Personal Skills
- Passionate about software engineering
- Effective team player
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (with a 6 month probation period).
Salary: Competitive salary offered.
Start: Q1, 2020